Flickr Widget

Monday, September 6, 2010

Is there life after 60?

1960, I mean.  When I was younger, I followed every decorating fad that came down the pike.  I did Spanish in the 70s, country in the 80s, Old World with jewel tones in the 90s.  But in 2006 I had an epiphany--a near-religious experience, if you will.  I bought a house that was built in 1950 and realized it was my destiny to return to what I know best...the style of the 1950s and 1960s, that glorious era of everything truly cool that we now call Mid-century Modern. 

I'm starting this blog for all you retrophiles out there who want to talk about well-known and not-so-well-known designers of the period, fabulous thrift store and Craigslist finds, great mid-century links, mid-century real estate, contemporary designers and architects and artists and craftsmen who "get" mid-century, MCM shows and events...anything about the period that you want to talk about.  

Since I live in Texas, I'll often highlight Texas businesses and artists, but most sellers will ship, so I look forward to finding out about mid-century sources in your area too.  Who knows when the very piece you've been looking for is only a state or two away?  And if you've really, really been looking for something, you may be willing to pay to have it delivered to you, even if it's across the continent.  

So get out your rhinestone cateye glasses and settle in for what I hope will be a good read...and participate, participate, participate!  This spot can become an exciting place for mid-century enthusiasts to meet and exchange ideas. Let's do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment