Flickr Widget

Friday, May 13, 2011

In the store: Credenza craze

Hands down, the most popular items in our inventory are credenzas. They sell faster than anything else we put on the floor. I think there are several reasons for that.

First of all, credenzas are beautiful. They're the first thing that customers notice when they walk in the door. Nothing compares to their low, svelte coolness. More than any other piece of furniture, a credenza seems to epitomize mid-century decor.

Also, everyone can use extra storage space…drawers, shelves, even hidden bars. Credenzas are the ultimate in case goods, because they are so versatile and functional.

Finally, people are always looking for a gorgeous piece of furniture to hold their flatscreen TVs, which sometimes represent the largest single investment in a home. Who wants to put his pride and joy on a flimsy, cheap-looking, assemble-it-yourself stand? The average credenza is long enough to hold even the largest television, and it lends presence and quality to a room that an inexpensive stand can't provide.

Take a look at the three credenzas we've just added to our stock of mid-century furniture:

Teak credenza with three drawers at left, double-doored center storage and drop front bar on right
Teak credenza with mirror-backed bar at left, three drawers and double-doored shelving at
right
Teak credenza with doored storage and three drawers

7 comments:

  1. There is just an elegance to the whole mid mod esthetic that other styles miss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog. I'm glad I just discovered it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love credenzas. They are the epitome of mid century style. I totally agree with your reasons why their so popular. I am in love with the first one pictured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @DearHelenHartman: I agree. My SIL and I were just wondering today why it's so hard for manufacturers to come up with simple, elegant furniture today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @MakemindMid-Century: Welcome to my blog. I'm glad you found me too, and I hope you'll come back often.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Rhan: One of our customers agrees with you. He contacted my SIL and said he was coming in tomorrow to buy that credenza. The center one is my favorite. I'm a sucker for those mirror-backed bars.

    ReplyDelete