Flickr Widget

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Gearing up for a Blenko bonanza

My SIL just picked up a few new pieces of Blenko, shown on the bottom shelf of the photo below. That's just the tip of the iceberg though. Just in time for the Deep Ellum Arts Festival, which starts next Friday, he's made arrangements to bring in anywhere from 100-200 pieces of Blenko on consignment from a local collector.

Being the extreme Blenko lover that I am, I was over the moon when he told me, so not only am I trying to figure out how we're going to display that much glass, I'm also trying to figure out how much of it I can bring home with me.

Stay tuned for the answers to both...

Mostly Blenko...but where will we put 200 more pieces???

12 comments:

  1. Wow! You'll fit them all in, pride of place, styled in complimentary colour blocks! Then you'll take heaps of pic's for us all to drool over. What a nice SIL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure we'll find a place for all of them. What a nice problem to have, right? :)

      Delete
  2. What a nice problem indeed. Joe the super-SIL works magic again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some people can pull rabbits out of hats. He can pull Blenko. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I can't wait to get my hands on it, although I think that many pieces will require more organizing than styling, especially since we want all of it out for the two-day event.

      Delete
  4. This is cruel and unusual punishment for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably will be for me too. I'll want all of it, and more than likely I won't be able to afford any of it. My SIL doesn't even cut me the super-duper MIL special...LOL So near and yet so far...

      Delete
  5. I like the cactus, I like the lamp,
    If I win this give-away, I'll send you a stamp!
    8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 100-200 pieces of blenko- WOW! All I have are a couple of the freeform ashtrays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several HUGE Blenko collectors here in Dallas, and occasionally we are able to score a bunch of their "extra" pieces.

      Delete
  7. Oooh I love these! Great colours.x

    ReplyDelete