Flickr Widget

Saturday, August 11, 2012

By George!

Another great score by my SIL! Check out this beautifully refinished EOG credenza by George Nelson.

This piece is beyond low-slung and sleek, and it epitomizes the mid-century qualities of simple elegance and extreme functionality. With drawers on one side and adjustable shelves on the other, not to mention the sliding doors that can be positioned in a variety of configurations, it is as beautiful as it is versatile.


Gorgeous legs and pulls
Locking feature
Cabinets on the left side
Drawers on the right side
So much storage!
Both sides open

7 comments:

  1. Very handsome wood-and-chrome. The sliding doors are an awesome feature. Wow, the treasures keep coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually an all-wood person, but I certainly love the chrome trim and legs on this piece.

      Delete
  2. Whatever lucky charm SIL has, please bottle it Dana, it could be a best seller! That sideboard is stellar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to give him credit for putting in hours and hours of hard work looking for great pieces...but he also has a lucky streak a mile wide! :) You're right that he could make a fortune if he could bottle it.

      Delete
  3. BY GEORGE.. it's a NELSON! It's beautiful!!! If your SIL happens to stumble across a small Nelson dresser... let me know... we need one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still mourning after I lost out on a George Nelson credenza up here in Metro Detroit. It was same credenza pictured above WITH the matching hutch/top. It was a little too far and I needed a large vehicle, muscle and had to be there at a certain time. I wish I would have made it happen because it was only.......$45. It still kills me.

    ReplyDelete