Flickr Widget

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Bright spots and silver linings

If you've followed this blog for long, you probably know that I love the Easy Chair design by Ib Kofod-Larsen. Knowing how much I've dreamed of owning one, my SIL split the pair he had in the store and made sure my dream came true. (He's a keeper, I tell you!)

He also gave me a beautiful Italian vase, a Frankoma bowl and a huge art glass bowl that I've long admired. While I was loading up my goodies, my sweet daughter gave me two of her amazing Fabpats as a house warming gift. I was delighted and touched by their thoughtfulness.

The next time you see all these beautiful things, they will be in my new modernist nest. Till then, they reside in the temporary train wreck we call our home.




Yes, this is my life. Handbags stacked in the corner...because I sold the chest they were stored in. A box of extra lighting fixtures waiting to be sold/returned, topped by a steamer that needs to be used on our kitchen floor. (Toddlers are a lot messier day in and day out than they are when just staying with Grammo for a few hours.) Boxes of IKEA Expedit pieces waiting to be assembled. Disconnected cable box and Roku...because I sold the TV they were attached to. Bathroom lavatory in a box waiting for countertops. Displaced Eames rocker waiting for a new home. Pictures to be hung in the new apartment...and one to be sold without a frame, since it was knocked off the wall by a worker who was removing boxes of flooring from my bedroom.

Casting a glow over all this mess and giving me hope...my new Kofod-Larsen chair, Fabpats, bowls and vase.

24 comments:

  1. he split the pair!!....he knows how to keep ma in law happy...a keeper all right....didn't even notice the chaos that chair is so beautiful. That's weird I have a home that's looking for a rocker!!...if only!
    getting close now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he split a pair! I never thought he'd do that!!! I've wanted one of these for so long, and I'm soooooo happy!!!

      Delete
  2. It´s going to be so good - in the end ;-)

    /Birgitte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep looking toward that day...which may be as soon as tomorrow. :)

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to see it all! That son-in-law. I want one. Put one on my increasing tab and send that Eames rocker over as well! I'm basking in your M-C, Grammo glory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your tab just keeps getting bigger and bigger. We may have to rent a storage building till you make a trip here to pick it up! haha

      Delete
  4. You know Dana that I can rock that rocker the best and a ...throw in the yellow handbag while your at it!
    So exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Want the apple green handbag too, while I'm sending? :)

      Delete
  5. Your SIL and daughter seem just as excited as you are! How wonderful to have them helping you to put together a beautiful place with fabulous art and designer chairs. You are one lucky lady! Does your daughter still sell those fabpats? I think I would love to have one.
    Your modernist nest (love that description) is going to be awesome. The countdown begins.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's selling Fabpats out of the store now instead of an Etsy store.

      And you're right about my being a lucky lady! I've got a fantastic family!!!

      Delete
  6. What beautiful chaos! The chair is gorgeous - I really love the linear semi-nubby looking tan seat paired with the black back. It's going to look so good in its new home! Cheers - CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As chaos goes, I've been able to live with it...but I'm ready for some order (and a little privacy)!!!

      Delete
  7. That Ib Kofod-Larsen easy chair rocks! ( :
    And so do your SIL and daughter.

    (pardon the deletion, fingers faster than my brain)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At my age, very often my fingers and my brain don't even have a passing relationship with each other! :) And, yes, my daughter and SIL do rock. How did I get so lucky?

      Delete
  8. Even your chaos looks stylish, Dana:-) So close to the big prize now! I can assure you, all the chaos is forgotten so fast, I can hardly remember now how bad it was to do the dishes in a bucket...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you for having the patience to do dishes in a bucket. I'm afraid I'm well past having that kind of endurance!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I hope I'll be revealing the whole new apartment in a week or so.

      Delete
  10. You. Are. So. Close. Hang in there. Love your new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man...I've been out there 100 times today to see how much more they've done. We're getting so close that I'll be moving appliances in tonight, I think. By the weekend, I ought to be totally moved in. The trash guys are getting the place all cleaned up as we speak. That in itself is making me deliriously happy.

      Delete
  11. That chair! That rocker! What mess?! Really looking forward to seeing it all come together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only you could see the living room...boxes piled sky high with just a trail through them...but we'll start to move them out tonight. Yay!!!

      Delete
  12. I'm very interested in that art work behind your yellow Eames Dana. I'd love a close up and more details one day (when you're settled into your lovely new nest and have got some spare time on your hands!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie, it will probably make more sense when it's not upside down and propped up against IKEA boxes. I'm doing a post about it Monday, just for you.

      Delete