Flickr Widget

Monday, April 29, 2013

Jere'...in a big way

We have long been fans of the C. Jere' pieces by Artisan House that are grand in scale and made of high quality metals. We've sold several in the past, most notably a huge Brooklyn Bridge and an even larger freestanding Birds in Flight sculpture.


Jere' Brooklyn Bridge

Jere' Birds in Flight

With two recent acquisitions, we feel we've reached new heights...and widths. My SIL was the winning bidder on a very rare pair of cast aluminum and chrome crane statues not long ago, and just a few days ago, we were contacted by a local woman whose elderly mother was downsizing and had a Rain Drops wall sculpture for sale. The cranes are 67" (170 cm) tall, and the Rain Drops sculpture is a full 60" (152 cm) wide, making them officially the largest Jere' pieces we've offered to date.

These pieces are all in wonderful condition. The cranes have a glorious patina and exhibit very few other signs of age, other than a missing reflective chrome piece on one base. Personally, I love the mismatched bases, because I think it gives the pair an edgy look. If I bought them, I wouldn't change a thing.The Rain Drops owner bought the sculpture in the 1970s and has taken exceptionally good care of it. I know she hated to part with it, but we'll find a new owner who will treasure it as much as she did.


C. Jere' cast aluminum and chrome cranes...almost 6 feet tall


C. Jere' Rain Drops wall sculpture...a full 5' wide

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I love his more abstract pieces and the raindrops are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've looked for a Rain Drops piece in good condition for quite some time, so we were happy to find this one.

      Delete
  2. Love the cranes....I often find smaller ones like these in brass....so fantastic and of their time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. That's probably my favorite piece put out by Artisan House under the C. Jere' name.

      Delete
  4. Those cranes are fabulous! I love them in the chrome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raindrops sculpture is stunning!!! I would love to have that on a wall!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain Drops is probably one of the all-time favorites of most people. It was interesting to me that Jonathan Adler partnered with the C. Jere studio to do a reissue.

      Delete
  6. Oh my word! I love both but if I had to choose, I would have to run off with the Rain Drops wall sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of us would find a spot for that wall sculpture, but I think it would take a very special space for cranes as tall as a grown man. :)

      Delete