Flickr Widget

Saturday, May 18, 2013

International Contemporary Furniture Fair

My daughter and SIL decided last week...somewhat on the spur of the moment...to attend the 25th annual International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York City in search of new lines of modern furniture to carry in the store. They flew out of DFW early this morning and are viewing exhibits, talking to representatives and attending special programs for the trade as you read this post.

Touted as North America's premier showcase for contemporary design, the ICFF show will have more than 500 exhibitors from 30 countries. For four days, 165,000 square feet (15,300 square meters) of the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center will be buzzing with more than 26,000 interior designers, architects, designers, manufacturers and retailers. Exhibits will include furniture, flooring, lighting, wall coverings, textiles, kitchen and bath cabinets, fixtures and countertops, textiles and accessories.

This will surely be an educational and productive trip for them, and I expect them to come home with all sorts of exciting information

Here are photos from some of the exhibitors:.


Fritz Hansen
icff.com

Studio Dunn
icff.com

Artek
icff.com

Phloem Studio
icff.com

Brandon Kim
icff.com

Elijah Leed
icff.com

Janosi Design
icff.com

John Eric Byers
icff.com

6 comments:

  1. That sounds so exciting! I love the Phloem studio desk and the stools from Dunn studio. I forgot to tell you the new "headquarters" you showed us in an earlier post looks very promising and the location must be just perfect! It's not very difficult to visualize some great MCM furniture in those store windows!
    It's been crazy busy around here these days (the spring is like that in my line of work), so I'm sorry I haven't been able to be a good commenter lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those are my two favorites out of these photos too. There's something about those Dunn stools that I can't stop looking at. I've been a pretty hit-and-miss commenter the past few weeks too, and I don't even have a day job...so you're more than forgiven. :)

      Delete
  2. I've always dreamed of owning that Phloem Studio desk. Dreaming is free. ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a stunning desk. I'd love to have one too.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to this. I have a friend that builds the exhibition construction for Hermann Miller among other exhibitors. I get to hear the inside scoop of the goings on of the various designers which is pretty interesting to say the least. Maybe I'll see your kids there, although I don't think I would recognize them from the photos you've posted. I will say hello in spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad they are going to this exhibit and I expect to hear some inside stories!

    ReplyDelete