Flickr Widget

Monday, March 24, 2014

Greta Grossman home

Greta Grossman, designer of beautiful furniture, also designed houses in the Los Angeles and San Francisco areas from 1949-1959. One of these was her own home in Beverly Hills. It was designed in 1948 and was originally 1500 square feet.

In 2009 the structure was expanded to 3171 square feet. Architect Tony Unruh worked with the owner to preserve the original Grossman aesthetic.

Here are several photos of the home. If you'd like to see more, check out the full Midcenturia article.










2 comments:

  1. Did you see that view? **sigh** I have never lived in a house with a view. If I win the lottery, after I start playing it, I shall buy a mid-century modern with a view...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're one step ahead of me. First I have to start playing the lottery...and then I have to move to a place with a view. It's pretty flat around Dallas-Fort Worth. :)

      Delete