Flickr Widget

Thursday, June 5, 2014

In the store: Paul McCobb x 2

Two new additions to our inventory are a solid maple two-door Paul McCobb Planner Group cabinet/bench combination and a rosewood and brass game table.

We've had one of the modular maple cabinet/bench combos before, and I love the versatility of the pieces. Since the cabinet isn't attached to the bench, it can be placed on either side...or in the middle or even separately, I suppose, if that's your preference. I particularly like the cane-paneled sliding doors.

This is the first time I've seen one of the game tables. I have a soft spot for rosewood, especially when it is applied in such a beautiful pattern. The handy drawer for storing cards or game pieces, the brass X-stretchers and brass trim make it even more remarkable.







4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I think so too. The shape of the legs, the brass stretchers, that beautiful pattern on the top...It's an amazing piece!

      Delete
  2. What a unique and gorgeous piece the rosewood table is... I doubt I could use it, I'd just stand back and admire it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty that I'd have a hard time sliding poker chips around on that top, for sure!

      Delete