Flickr Widget

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Sammy P. Gee

I ran across a post about jewelry designer Sammy Gee on Modernist Jewelry, and I was instantly smitten by his work. Gee lived and worked in Berkeley and San Francisco in the 1950s and 1960s but died in the late 60s/early 70s without leaving much biographical information behind. Luckily, his work speaks for itself.

Be sure and check out Modernist Jewelry. This is a new site that I will definitely follow.


Pendant
markmcdonald.biz

Pearl ring
modernistjewelry.wordpress.com

Pendants
modernistjewelry.wordpress.com

Sammy Gee's mark
modernistjewelry.wordpress.com

6 comments:

  1. I'll definitely check out the site, Dana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I hadn't either till I ran across this great site.

      Delete
  3. I love that pearl ring very much Dana. I don't own a lot of jewelry - might be time for that to change ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I own that Pearl ring, it’s signed :)

    ReplyDelete