Flickr Widget

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Celebrating early

A recent purchase was delivered yesterday, and it feels like Christmas a month early. I had searched for months to find a table the same height and diameter as the one on the opposite side of the sofa...something of a similar material and a similar color without being a matching pair. The search had proven more difficult than I had expected, until I finally found it on the Design Within Reach website.

Here's the little Jens Risom side table that I picked out for our family room. I'm even happier with it than I expected to be.


New Jens Risom T.710 side table from DWR

Tornado side table from CB2, bought years ago

Family room/dining room


And while we're on the subject of my love for Jens, here's a photo of one of my favorite vintage pieces (and one of the first I ever bought)...a classic Risom credenza, which backs up to the sofa.


Risom credenza

14 comments:

  1. Looks great! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really pleased with it, Sheila. I think you would be too. It's sturdy and versatile. Till I got it, I hadn't even thought about the fact that it could be used in front of the sofa as a "TV table"...perfect for a snack or a laptop.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! Things are coming together slowly but surely at this house. I'm trying not to be my usual compulsive self, trying to get everything done in a month. :)

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed seeing all the photos. Fabulous fireplace wall. Wonderful credenza and table. Enjoy your early gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The fireplace will get our attention next, now that it's finally getting chilly. The previous owners capped the gas, so we need to get a plumber out to install a burner. I think we're going to use fireplace rocks instead of gas logs...still trying to decide exactly what we want.

      Delete
  4. Happy early Christmas to you! Can Santa and his elves deliver one to my house - I've been a good girl! I love how the base can nestle around the sofa leg, great design! Enjoy. Cheers - CT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Santa will bring you just about anything you ask for if you sit on his knee and ask him sweetly! :)

      Delete
  5. Your house is looking beautiful. The table is perfect there. Quick unrelated question for you...my blog posts from years back are showing up on the blog roll. I don't know why they are suddenly reposting. I don't know how to stop it. Has this happened to you before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie. That's really strange that old posts are popping up. I've never had that happen to me, and I don't know what could be causing it. I'll ask around, and if anyone I know has had that happen, I'll let you know.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Dana. It is very strange. It has taken on a life of its own!

      Delete
  6. Interesting this table has the same open circle design as the E 1027 designed by Eileen Gray in 1927.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely very similar, but I like the warmer materials in this design. I'm not much of a chrome and glass person.

      Delete
  7. such a pleasing and cosy set up. so glad u let us peek into the living room

    ReplyDelete